Following the dynamic leadership of Mayor Vanderpuije, some landmark policies and development projects have been implemented in the City of Accra. These include;
- The Elimination of the Shift System of Education in the city of Accra and on-going construction of over 122 Millennium City Schools out of which 14 have been completed, commissioned and being used
- Increased the beneficiaries of the School feeding program from 30,640 to 67,000 (over 100% increment)
- Introduced the Polluter-Pay-Principle in solid waste management in 2011.
- Increased Internally Generated Revenue from 13,267,513.00 in 2010 to 40,072,210.00 in 2015
- Completed the Legon sewage treatment plant; Constructed 70N 20 seater capacity W/C toilets in communities, schools and polyclinics
- Rehabilitation and expansion of the Mudor Sewage Treatment Plant (16,120m3/day - 18,000m3/day)
- Provided the Mamprobi Polyclinic with a 200KVA Generator set, an Ambulance, a Mechanized borehole and Security lights.
- Established the Sanitation Standards Implementation Committee (SSIC) in all 76 Electoral areas and a Sanitation and Motor court within the City;
- Introduced the “Operation Don’t Cross the red line” which created adequate space for easy pedestrian movement on pavements in the City Centre;
- Community upgrading in low income communities such as Mamponse, Gbegbeyise and its environs;
- Provided a 1,500 liter Capacity Mechanized Community Borehole to benefit over 32,794 people within the Sempe-Korle-Bu Community at Korle-Gonno.
- Over 75km of community roads and drains including Asphalt overlays have been completed and others are on-going.
- Over four thousand streets in Accra have been named or renamed, digitized and street signage
- Facilitated the on-going implementation of the Quality Bus Service within the City to enhance the efficiency and safety of passenger transportation and reduce traffic congestion as well as vehicular emission.
- Has facilitated the approval of over 1,930 development permits for development projects to change the skyline of the City of Accra since 2009.
- Has initiated the development of about 12 PPP projects including Markets, Accra Conference Center and the City Corner of AMA
- Facilitated the distribution of Outboard Motors and Pre-mix fuel to fishermen.
- University of Ghana SRC – Excellence Awards, 2015
- National Award, 2015 (Support for Sustainability of Homogenous festival of GA Adangbe
These projects have not only transformed the landscape of the City of Accra, but has also contributed to the economic vibrancy of the City.
Mayor Vanderpuije strongly believes in the adage “Service to Man is Service to God”. Mayor Vanderpuije with a sense of commitment for excellence and a devotion to duty continues to serve the City of Accra.
After the NDC Parliamentary Primaries held on 21st November, 2015, Mayor Vanderpuije emerged as the winner with a whopping 3,298 votes representing 72% of total votes cast. Currently, Alfred Vanderpuije popularly referred to as Tsentse, promises to represent the people of Ablekuma South effectively in Parliament and ensure the creation of opportunities for the youth and community development for the area.